Montag, 16. Juli 2012

Tyler Music Group Producer Will Smith Nashville Music Producer stole my money and my intellectual property Internet


UPDATE by author: Satisfied

I submitted original copyrighted material to Tyler Music Group in Mar. 2010. for review.  Producer Will Smith of Tyler Music Group contacted me in Aug.of 2010 saying that he wanted to produce my music at a cost to me. I refused.  He then offered to 'master' the original recordings that I had already produced at Rainwerks Studios in Colorado Springs. The material was originally recorded in Sept. 2002. He offered via signed contract that he would 'master' my recordings and 'shop' them to major record labels in Nashville, New York, Los Angeles, and Atlanta for the total price of $1,000.00. The Agreement stated that a deposit of $750.00 be wired to Tyler Music along with the original recordings on DTRS(digital tapes)He would then 'master' the recordings to bring them up to music industry standards and have the songs be ready 'radio ready.' Upon completion of the mastering process, Will Smith would mail to me the finished product on CDR or 'master disc.'   Since I am the copyright owner of the material and also the producer and performer on the recordings, the 'master disc' would have to meet my approval. If I approved of the mastering service he provided, I would then send the remaining balance of $250.00 to Tyler Music Group. Will Smith told me that the process, once he received the deposit and original tapes would take 10 to 14 days.  The contract was signed and sent to Tyler Music Group Sept. 1st along with my intellectul property(recordings) and $750.00 was wired from PSE Credit Union in Strongsville, Ohio.  Since Tyler Music Group (Producer Will Smith) received my property and my deposit, they have not performed the 'mastering' service and will not return my phone calls or emails. I was promised via contract and phone conversation that I would have a finished product in about 14 days. After 45 days, my patience had run out and I emailed and phoned them to politely let them know. The next day I received a text message from Producer Will Smith berading me and my material and said that the contract was void and that he'd be sending my deposit of $750.00 and my intellectual property(tapes) back to me. It has been 15 days since this conversation and I still have not been refunded my money or property. This is not only hurting me financially but is hampering my career because I have no access to my own copyrighted material. I have been cheated financially and stolen from creatively and I would like to see the issue be resolved.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen